Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, March 9, 2012

Sick?


I remember back to when I was working the rather long-standing office job, I used to hope that if I got sick, that it would be on the weekend. If you don't understand "that job was my life", then you won't understand this concept.

***

Quite often when I got sick, I would have moments of perfect clarity of vision... even if my head was swimming and I could barely stand.

***

Despite the mom endorsed apple juice and/or Ginger Ale to make a sick kid feel better, I found more often than not, ice cold milk to be my beverage of choice for the sore throat and head cold, regardless of the pre-existing quantity of phlegm.

***

Funny thing when I'm not feeling up to par, for some reason, food seems to be tastier. I had just finished mentioning to someone earlier today that I felt like Lipton's Chicken Noodle Soup, and a little bit later there was a knock on the door and it was aged father with an order of Chinese BBQ Pork Noodle Soup, one of my favourites. He didn't even know that I was sick. Damn it was good and hot... and salty, but good. Then, at 9:54pm, there was another knocking on the door, which is strange enough, but it was big sister with two bags in her hands. One was Chicken Noodle Soup from Tim Hortons and the other was a Junior Chicken and Filet o Fish from McDonalds. How could I refuse? So instead of going to bed early, I got to eat again. Just the Junior Chicken and Soup though, the Filet o Fish went home with her because she figured it would make me puke, even though I probably could have fit it in. Did I mention when I catch cold I get hungry too?

***

Speaking of sick, how about this gem? My type of thing. I'm a wee bit twisted that way. Funny, I had come across it late last year, and at the time had never heard the boy before. Had sent it to someone at the time and I found it again today looking for something else in Gmail. Still makes me laugh.

Laughter and food, the bestest medicine.

No comments: