Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, March 19, 2012

Up or down?



This little jaunt I found over at the Borderline Sociopathic Blog for Boys, got me to thinking. (It also had me looking to the right a lot, and holding my breath.) Although I didn't much like going uphill on a mountain trail, I think I still preferred that to speeding downhill. Going uphill is a struggle, and other than making sure that your gears are working properly, it is all on you... your strength to get you to the top. Sadly, the one and only attempt I made to ride up a rather small mountain, I had to turn back. On the other hand, going downhill has nothing to do with you really, it is all about gravity... Either way, you are going to end up at the bottom of the hill. The bumps and bruises are up to you. But is it more about the struggle itself or control?

No comments: