Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, April 28, 2012

Fries, cheese, gravy...


I tried a new flavour of potato chips today. Lay's Fries and Gravy. Usually when I try new things, it doesn't go too well. These actually were pretty good. I just couldn't get over the discrepancy in textures from real Fries and Gravy to this crunchy chip whose flavour bears a striking resemblance to the real thing. I ate the whole bag too. It was the small bag, but a lot of times, I only eat half and save the rest for later.

Now, of course, this reminds me of my great enjoyment of Poutine, which I affectionately refer to as "heart attack in a bowl". But then, this leads me to something better than Poutine, which I have even less often than that. What could be better than fries, with cheese and gravy on top? New York Fries, with "The Works". Oh... my... Fries, Chili, Cheese, Sour Cream, Green Onions... Did I miss something?


Dammit. It is after midnight and I'm thinking about fries and gravy. I guess I could have a glass of water instead. Sigh. (Oh... I couldn't decide which picture I liked better...)


And... the closest mall with a New York Fries is over an hour away from here. Heavy sigh.

No comments: