Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, April 30, 2012

Hearing things?


I was sitting here reading something on the laptop and heard an odd sound. A strange scratching sound... a sound of movement. My ears went on high alert mode and I strained to hear something more in order to discern what it was. But, this house is odd in itself. Sometimes you can hear something coming from next door and it sounds like it is in the next room. Sometimes there will be a semi going over a pothole in the road a block away and it feels as though there is a thudding against the door. But this was... different. My heart started beating faster, my ears ringing. Too loud for a mouse... Maybe a rat? In the inside wall? Coming up a vent? What else could it be? Maybe my ears playing tricks on me? Maybe it was just something scratching against the window? The words "be vewy vewy afwaid" come to mind. Now... now there is nothing... and I wonder.

No comments: