Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, April 30, 2012

I remembered... something


I have no memory of an incident when I was a little kid... maybe 2 or 3 years old. I have been told that I toddled over to my dad, who was sitting on the couch, and when I got to him, he pushed me away... shoved me aside, I hit the table next to the couch... hard... and fell to the floor. I cried. I don't remember any of it. I remember the table.

I do however know that I learned at a very young age that crying was a sign of weakness, that drinking was bad, that getting drunk was worse and that being drunk was stupid. Oh... also... that smoking was a nasty habit. Very powerful lessons indeed, so obviously I remembered something other than just the table. I never got drunk nor smoked a cigarette in my life.

I have very few complete childhood memories and have often pondered how my memory works.

No comments: