Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, April 9, 2012

The unforgiving stone


I am that which whispers within the wind
the hushed tone lost within the rage and fury
of the rising storm
I am that one tear swallowed
by the heavens’ sorrow
the cold hand left to rest upon
the unforgiving stone
I am that breath which rests upon the tongue
the quiet one silently weeping
in the darkened corner
I am that heartbeat which no one else can feel
the fading one falling into oblivion.


To honour the fallen since last time:

US (Wisconsin, Florida, Texas, Indiana,
      Rhode Island, Idaho, Louisiana,
      Georgia (2), New York (2), New Jersey,
      California (3), Kentucky, Oklahoma,
      Montana, Missouri, Illinois, Ohio (4))
UK (3)
Turkey (12)

3 comments:

KrippledWarrior said...

Bless your heart for this count

KrippledWarrior said...

and thanks for your comment. I suppose I should have used a photo without my sunglasses if I wanted a fair comparison

Spockgirl said...

Thank you!

And, you are welcome regarding the comment. (I agree about the sunglasses.) Those family photos were very, very cool.