Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Avengers




Further to my initial thoughts on this movie, I am not going to go into details about it, even though it is fresh in my mind, having just finished seeing it in the theatre. All I shall say for now is that I enjoyed it immensely. There was a moment when I felt like a little kid with a big smile on my face seeing Iron Man and Captain America standing side by side on the big screen. It had a lot going on and great pace, and there were elements which sort of reminded me of The Chronicles of Riddick and Transformers: Dark of the Moon. This was a massive undertaking for writer/director Joss Whedon, well known for being the creator, writer and director of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, but I think he did a smashing job, and his sense of humour shines through. On a side note, I knew that he had written Toy Story, but was not aware until tonight that he had also penned Titan A.E., all these shows being personal favourites of mine.

It is a splurge for me to see a movie in the theatre, so I have to feel that it is something pretty epic to do so. I do think this was worth it, but even though it was of a huge scale, I don't know if I could consider it as epic as Thor. Of course though, this may have to do with the fact that Thor involved otherworlds, not just Earth, or... that my opinion may have been slightly distorted by the latecomers who decided to sit in front of me, and who were perhaps the two tallest people in town. I definitely have to watch it on DVD.

Cost = Movie: $6 (cheap night) + Popcorn and drink: $6 = $12

No comments: