Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, May 17, 2012

Come undone


At some point, one must accept the nothing and cease to exist, or not accept the nothing and strive for something more than the nothing that is. What if that something is invisible, intangible, inaccessible? What if that something does exist, but only for the purpose of perpetuating the nothing... prolonging the inevitable.

With that being said, a song came to mind, by one of the groups that I listened to in high school. They didn't carry much weight long after that, but for maybe two or three songs a few years later. Anyways, this is one of them that seems to fit the underlying tone today and in the last couple years.


Then somewhen in the late 90s, I started listening to Korn, who in 2002 released a song that was unlike anything I'd heard by them prior. I was quite sure that I had posted about it before, which sort of explains the connection, and which you might even be able to hear between the two.



A few years after that, they released a song called... "Coming Undone"...



Hmm... Come Undone and Coming Undone.

In closing... from another song from Duran Duran, the words... "And I don't cry for yesterday, there's an ordinary world somehow I have to find."



So... on a rather funny side note, nearing the end of my Google journey finding these links tonight, I noticed "Slipknot backstage with Korn" (Views 45,065), and of course couldn't resist checking it out.

Speaking of Slipknot... They weren't quite my thing, but this mashup just ... works. (I've posted a link before.)


No comments: