Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, May 24, 2012

Contemplating change...


I've been looking at the Blogger Templates every so often for a while now, seeing if there is one that I might like to switch to, considering that when I created this blog, I just started with a blank slate, picking the background colour, fonts, font colours, header placement, etc... At the time when I started blogging, I hadn't seen that many blogs, nor any like it, so I just thought of it as uniquely me. There's also a newer set of templates called "Dynamic Views", which is kinda cool, but not really me. I took some screen shots of some of the options so I'd be able to get a visual "feel"...

How about this one?


Um... no...

This wasn't bad...


I really liked this one, but it just still seems... too happy light, even though I like the colour.

The only one that seems to fit is this one, and I think it would be easier to read because of the increased size, but I sort of like the fact that the one I made was plain and simple, with single items on a black background... no highlighted little boxes or cubby holes for each thing. It was basic and simple, but not standard issue.

This is one of the "Dynamic Views", which, although completely different from the look right now, I could see how this would work well for new visitors on a blog trying to generate more traffic.


Right now it feels as though I am still in the "fading out" stage and still don't know what I am doing here or here. Change is an absolute necessity and I have been struggling with the how or to what and for why bother for quite some time now. Would that it were as easy as changing the blog template.

4 comments:

DaveO said...

Pink?

If you go pink, I'd considering paying to see you in pigtails.

Spockgirl said...

How much?

DaveO said...

Depends. Full Hello Kitty is more.

Spockgirl said...

Ah... I was wondering what you meant. Wasn't sure what pigtails had to do with Hello Kitty. Thanks for sending the pic. Ringlets not the same as pigtails in my book.