Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Food Flashbacks


As I sat here this fine Friday evening catching up on reading blogs whilst eating my last pouch of Liptons Soup for dinner, I had the feeling that something was missing.

Hmm... now... I find myself reminiscing about Beef Scramble, Salmon Casserole (with peas in it and crushed potato chips on top), Sloppy Joes, Spanakopita, New York Deli Pizza (MEAT!), Tacos (Hot Spicy BEEF!, Shredded Cheddar, Chopped Tomatoes and Lettuce... Salsa) ... Seems like a lifetime ago... or a dream...

Sigh.

2 comments:

DaveO said...

I've switched to a vegetarian diet (just for a month).

Pizza with shroomage and spinach

Naan with red pepper hummus, sauteed shrooms and tofu, with onion, bell pepper and shredded lettuce

Lots of grapefruit, other fruit, and salads.

And yes, I love bison and elk and venison and chicken and eggs and such. But not craving at present.

What's your favorite veggie meal?

Spockgirl said...

Hmmm... a sort of health kick for a month? Have you given up beer too?

Agh... mushrooms... nasty creatures.

The chili I make without beef is a standard, but I used to make a Stuffed Manicotti, which actually tasted like it had meat in it, but didn't. If I recall correctly, there was Spinach, Ricotta, Mozarella and Parmesan, but I used to mix other cheeses with it.

I take it that you are still allowing yourself cheese as protein, and alternate sources as well. Tofu? Almonds?