Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, May 11, 2012

The Shape of Me and Other Stuff


I was at a friend's shop a few weeks ago, wherein she had some gently used books for sale. One of them immediately caught my eye, although I don't quite know why. It was "The Shape of Me and Other Stuff" by .... Dr. Seuss. I don't remember ever reading this one, but my memory from back then is sub-standard to say the least. Anyways, seeing it made me smile, and at 75 cents... I had to get it. When I brought it home, I looked to see what year it was published... 1973... I read it through, sort of chuckling to myself. Then... very near the end of the book, there was this:

"And, speaking of shapes, now just suppose...!
Suppose YOU were shaped like these... or those!
...or shaped like a BLOGG!
Or a garden hose!
Of all the shapes we MIGHT have been...
I say "HOORAY for the shapes we're in!"


I don't know... The book reminded me of a little boy I know, and that last bit just cracked me up. I've had the book on the table where I often sit and type, but hadn't thought of what to write until I read that bit over again today.

No comments: