Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, June 11, 2012

Ah.... food...




Finally went grocery shopping yesterday evening. I think it has been at least four weeks since I went last. A lot of things I needed were on sale, and as I traversed the aisles, I found a few extra bits as well. Even though it all fit into the one carry basket, with the toilet paper tucked under my arm, it was quite a haul. The total was a lot higher than usual because I picked up a couple meat items (which I don't do all the time) and a couple extra dairy products. They had sirloin burger patties on at 4 for $5, which I couldn't pass up. Also picked up a package of Johnsonville Bratwurst for a change instead of the plain old wieners. Oh... and fresh jumbo strawberries... Jumbo indeed, and so good. After having those hot dogs for dinner (I guess I had forgotten how much more tasty they are than the regular ones), I decided to slice up a few strawberries and add a little Creamo, a couple spoons of sour cream and some Splenda. Yum... I think I might like this mixture better than whipped cream. Maybe...

Oh... almost forgot... Was treated to dinner yesterday and decided to have something I hadn't had for a really long time, and not at this particular restaurant before. A Reuben... OMG... it was damn good... There's just something about corned beef and sauerkraut... I very rarely have it, but it is another one of those things that falls into comfort food zone. Arghhh... I can almost taste it now.

No comments: