Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Freaky


Was walking by the park in town today and there was a crow sitting in one of the tall evergreens, cawing non-stop. Usually there are two or three caws and then a pause, or another crow might take up the call. But this was just one crow. I looked up to the tree to try and place where he was, but didn't see him, as he continued his speech. I was trying to see where he was, hoping to avoid the possibility of being crapped on. I walked about ten feet and felt him fly towards me, my back to him by that time, and whoosh... right at my head. I could almost feel his wings in my hair it was that close. I turned around to see he had flown back in the direction from whence he came, to the top of a lamppost, and I continued on my way, a little rattled. As if that wasn't freaky enough the first time, as I started walking down the sidewalk, he came flying at me again... and felt him brush by my head once more. Needless to say, my heart was beating rather briskly. Talk about a wake-up call. Only thing is... on my way back home, I realized that, in the excitement of the momentary commotion, I had forgotten to do one of the errands I had set out to do.

No comments: