Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, June 16, 2012

How soon is now?


Had a song in mind tonight, so went agoogling for it, and lo and behold, it was another cover. The funny thing is the voice sounded so very familiar, and I didn't know until now that it is the lead singer of... get this... the Psychedelic Furs... (yes I should have known that)... who I mentioned not too long ago. Apparently after that band disbanded, he formed Love Spit Love. The song is "How Soon Is Now?" which is on the soundtrack to "The Craft", and as I recall, the subsequent tv spinoff "Charmed". Oddly enough, the original is from 1984, by ... the Smiths.... who I have also written about before. Still spinning around in circles am I.



Speaking of spinning around in circles... earlier, I once again went against my better judgment and ate a Poutine (yes, the famed "heart attack in a bowl")... with a... real homemade style Chocolate Milkshake... (They give you the milkshake in a parfait glass with whipped cream on top, as well as the leftovers in the metal cup that is used to blend it.) See, my first instinct was just to order the Poutine, and save space for a Slurpy later, but I didn't do that. Why or why don't I go with my first instincts? I must say... six, seven hours later, my stomach was still protesting my choice and clearly voicing its displeasure, even after expelling the evil lactospiritus thrice. At least now both the internal spinning and gurgling have ceased.

Talk about spinning... I confess that I actually spent a fair bit of a lovely Friday evening reading the one hundred eighty-six comments on one of my regular daily blog reads. I have to say that after reading things like that, regardless of what I consider my mental inabilities, hence the spinning... I feel much better about who I am, how I comport myself, and the way my brain works.

2 comments:

DaveO said...

I'm dizzy

Spockgirl said...

But ... was that before or after?