Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, June 24, 2012

Only You


"You make your own destiny... Don't wait for it to come to you."

Tonight I was deciding between watching "Die Hard with a Vengeance" or "Only You", both of which I still only have on VHS. Although I wasn't really in the mood for a romantic comedy, I chose "Only You" because I was thinking of sifting through an old journal whilst watching. (Can't do that during an action movie.) I hadn't seen it in quite a while, and tonight something came back to me. I had somewhat of an OMG moment... I remember having a pair of pale yellow pants just like those when I was in middle school. Yellow? Yellow pants? Me? Was I nuts? That's just plain weird. Anyways shortly after that moment, the gypsy woman says to the main character "You make your own destiny... Don't wait for it to come to you." I just found that rather odd considering that my fortune cookie from dinner today said "Be assertive and you will win." This, in addition to that Carpe Diem crap that's come up a couple times in the last little while, seems to be another one of those nudges... precursors if you will, to the forthcoming swift kick in the arse.

2 comments:

DaveO said...

Let me guess: the yellow pants were also Parachute Pants ;)

Eh, you could be wearing Spanx...

Spockgirl said...

Ah... no... just regular jeans style type pants...

Spanx? Is that some sort of kinky spandex?