Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, July 26, 2012

A few good things...


Considering how bad the night before was, I went to bed early last night... Lights out before 1AM (wow!)... Still took a while to fall asleep, but... didn't wake up until ... (drum roll) ... 5AM... Went online for about half an hour and then managed to fall asleep again. Amazing.


***

Went to the store to grab a bag of Doritos and a slurpy. Was looking at the rows of candy and Sweet Tarts popped into my brain, but... I couldn't find them. However, on the rack I noticed Shockers... Same packaging, sounded good, so picked them up as well. Well... on the way home... I did something that will make you smile and wince at the same time... I opened the package (there was a purple one on the top...) popped it in my mouth... and ... gah! Doh... I had just taken a sip of the Pepsi Slurpy prior to that... A smile with a wince, but in a good way.


***

Hard-boiled some eggs about a week ago, as I had a hankering for an Egg Salad sandwich. The eggs in the fridge were well beyond a month past their "best before" date, so I figured it would be a good plan. Also had some Jalapeno Chips to go with, which makes for a perfect pairing. Added a tall glass of homemade Iced Tea and life was good.


***

Boiled up some water for a Double Bergamot Earl Grey Tea Latte (steaming hot) together with which I nibbled on two Ginger Thins, perfect for a quick but relaxing hot summer evening snack.


***

I don't know what is with my brain the last little while... Not that I am "scatter-brained" so to speak, but that my thoughts, if/when I do have them seem to be simply scattered. Sort of like cherry blossoms floating around in the wind, except not as pretty.

No comments: