Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, July 29, 2012

Exciting stuff...


Ripped off a piece of my toe today. (I was attacked by a sidewalk.) It wasn't that bad, just a balloon of blood bursting forth from a flap of flesh. Nice. In the past five or so years I have become very good at cleaning and dressing my own wounds, a couple of which, like today, have required more than just a band-aid. I actually prefer the gauze and tape. I did not know that a toe could bleed that much. Not looking forward to seeing what it looks like later.


***

Oh... was at the store today and whilst at the cashier, noticed a display with 1st and 2nd Degree Burn Doritos... They were on sale for 99 cents, so I picked up a bag of the 2nd Degree Burn Fiery Buffalo... Um... I like hot stuff, but this was... different... Usually things like wasabi, ginger or tabasco, hot peppers... it goes directly to the nasal passages... but these chips... the heat sat on the tongue... for a rather long period of time... AND my nose was running.



***

Last week I walked into a signpost. In the middle of the day. My excuse is that it was a narrow metal pole which blended in with the colour of the sidewalk. Or ... maybe the sun got in my eyes... yeah... that's it... it was the sun.

No comments: