Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, July 19, 2012

Glee


To me, glee would be someone with a big dumb grin on their face, jumping up and down, whilst clapping their hands. I don't think I could ever feel "gleeful". That being said however, it was with a wee bit of wicked glee wherein I mowed down those bright yellow heads waving happily in the wind today.

***

Preparing to work outside, I had swabbed down any areas of skin that would be exposed, with rubbing alcohol. This serves well to keep the mosquitoes at bay. I knew it was going to be hot, but I was more concerned about being eaten alive by those damn things, so, despite the sweat-inducing warmth, I wore my overalls, long socks, a long-sleeve white t-shirt and hat. Needless to say, at some point, I took the shirt off, but not for long, as we know those tiny beasts are attracted to the natural human glow that transpires. I was glowing buckets by that time. The funny thing is that even with all those clothes on, I did end up getting bitten... um... in the middle of my ass cheek. (Pardon my language, but those were the first words that came to mind.) So... I wonder... was it with a certain amount of glee that the little bugger went up my pant leg or down the top of the overalls and didn't bite me anywhere else? I just find that strange.

***

Ah... forget about glee... Laughing feels good.

No comments: