Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, July 7, 2012

Nope...

... not tired. I've been up for 21 hours straight. I had gone to bed at a reasonable hour again last night... just after 1AM... Woke up at 3:43... Then woke up at 5:33... Was going to try to go back to sleep just after 6, but was too awake to even try. Now... this can be considered a good sign or a bad sign. First off, I was motivated to get moving. Good. I didn't sleep much. Bad. I wasn't tired. Good. I got up, got ready and walked briskly to the pool... Good, and swam a few laps... not many, but ten is better than none. Good. Walked to McDonalds... Good, and had my Sausage Egg McMuffin meal... Good. Bad. Walked to the grocery store... Good, picked up vegetables... Good, fresh French bread... Good. Bad, and a home decor magazine... Good. Bad. Walked home in the hot sun... Good and Bad... with two bags of groceries and backpack. Got hot and sweaty. Showered and walked to the old office job to get a couple things done... Good. Walked over to friend's shop and changed her entire window display... Good. Tagged along on a last minute roadtrip wherein I bought a bag of "almost perfect" Chili Pepper Chocolate (ate one piece)... Good.Bad, splurged on a small order of New York Fries with the Works... Good. Bad.Bad, as well as a Mocha Moo Latte... Good. Bad.Bad. Got back... had a Value pick Bacon Cheeseburger and small fries from McDonalds. Good.Bad. Drank two glasses of water tonight. Good. I count 11 Good and 10 Bad. So, all in all, not bad.

The thing is that the past three or four days have been considerably odd... out of sorts, mind-body detached-like, zoned out, gutwrenchingly twisted, zombie-ish, but all for no apparent reason. Usually this type of thing lasts for maybe five minutes or 15 at most, but not even close to that extreme. It was as if something was twisting me up or pulling and pushing me in different directions at the same time. No excessive thinking, which would be a natural cause. The complete opposite in fact. And then yesterday some clarity returned and it was almost as though a weight was lifted, leading to today's strange energy, which I haven't really had in about two years... I guess all one can do is see what tomorrow today brings.

I shall endeavour to sleep now as my eyes seem to be wanting to close finally. About time... closer to 22 hours now.

No comments: