Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, August 9, 2012

How about you?


(WARNING: You are about to be hit by a blunt object.)

They are still there. They still get shot at and blown up on occasion. You just don't ever hear about it, or you don't pay attention. Some die, but some come back not quite complete as they used to be. That is why I have that Soldiers' Angels Project VALOUR IT thing up there. You might think "bah... why should I care?" If it was your brother or sister who put on that uniform and came back a little torn up and broken, wouldn't you want to help out in their recovery? If you could? You might think ... "Why bother?", or "A laptop? Why would they need a laptop?" A voice-activated laptop? Other than the obvious, if you've ever gone for a period of time where you or part of your body has been rendered useless, try no fingers or hands or arms, or use of same, and you're lying somewhere in a hospital bed in pain or on meds or bored out of your gourd and your buddies are thousands of miles away, or your old friends and family across the country?

Oh yeah... I'm Canadian, I know our guys are gone (or mostly gone) from there, and this is an American organization. With the drawdown, in a few years most of the countries that sent troops there will be gone. This is for here and now. This has nothing to do with me at all. Where I am right now in my life, I'm not in a position to help anyone. This is about all I can do, typing from my laptop with both my hands and all my fingers, sitting on my ass with both my legs. How about you?


If you are familiar with this fundraiser, pop over here to see how the teams are doing.


(ps: This is not directed at the five regular readers, but rather to anyone who happens to stumble upon my blog.)

No comments: