Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, August 25, 2012

Space... the final frontier...



Letters... good old fashioned letters... The kind you write with a pen and paper. I've mentioned this before, probably even with the exact same words. I had forgotten about a site that I had come across quite some time ago, devoted to same, and am not sure why I didn't bookmark it, but I wrote about it a few days ago. I find it interesting that it should come back into my spectrum of thought again, taking into consideration this extremely thorough and thoughtful letter, and my post a short time ago called "Our home". Although that letter is from 1970, it is perhaps disconcerting or even sad that the same question to which it responds is still being asked today, forty-two years later, and why, in essence, no great leaps have been made in those forty some odd years since that first giant one. (I said "in essence"... I know there have been some advancements.) Hmm... I just thought of something... The heart looks at what is right in front of it. The mind however, must take into consideration and deal with the past and present, but look to the future in order to make progress... to boldly go where no man has gone before.

The strange thing about this is that I was thinking of simply deleting this instead of posting it... But this changed my mind.

No comments: