Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The day after...


This has been at the back of my mind waiting for a voice, but I could find none. Regardless the subject matter, my mind is constantly weighing things. I think that is the way I have always been. Most of my life, I didn't really say much of anything because the things I was thinking could be weighed internally and did not need to be spoken.

100,000 people killed in one day.

80,000 people killed three days later.

Devastating. Horrific.

Necessary?

As I sit here thinking on this, I can hear the distant roar of thunder. It is getting closer. None of those people knew what was coming. They didn't know what hit them until they felt their flesh burning, or perhaps they did know for a split second, before their bodies disintegrated. The thunder has stopped.

It was war.

As a nation, were they stupid or evil? They declared war and allied themselves with an evil empire. What did they hope to accomplish? Were they simply men desperately clinging to a warrior culture, following a code which they felt would bring them glory and honour? I can admire the tenacity of an honourable warrior, but there is no honour in something that which is inherently evil.

But wait... did I just answer my own questions? Did I weigh it properly?

A necessary evil?
I know there is a quote that I could insert here, but I shan't.


I went rooting around for some links. If nothing else, I recommend the Gallery below.



No comments: