Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, August 20, 2012

There's no such thing...

as too much Metallica.

I must be getting old. I just realized the other day that the only way I can truly listen to Metallica is lying down with my eyes closed. If I am doing anything else at the time, I become too distracted by it. Twenty years ago I used to be able to do accounting tallies and calculations whilst listening to them. How times have changed.

A rather funny thing came to mind on thinking about this. Very near the beginning of my blog journey but a mere three years ago March, I recall a comment I made in response to another. I think I said something along the lines of "There's no such thing as too much Metallica." I now have to rethink that. This withdrawal into mine own head in the past week seems to have coincided with the renewed listening of said music. I had put "And Justice For All" in the player (following the Black album) and found myself unable to focus on anything else. Even Sudoku was suffering. I found myself singing along to "One" and it was distracting me from the numbers. For some reason "To Live is to Die" brought a tear to my eye. I was heading into a Metallica coma. Far beyond the lullaby and the comfort that it used to provide, perhaps it was just too much. What has happened to my world?

Sure, they've made me cry.

I went agoogling for a link and they made me giggle.

And then... I found something to show why I love these guys. (Yes, I think I've always had a wee bit of a crush on James Hetfield. I have finally come out and admitted that. Oh... but only AFTER he cut his hair.)


Good lord... look what I found.

No comments: