Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, August 20, 2012

White Roses

 

Iceberg roses from my garden the other day. Yes, I am totally aware of the black spots on the leaves. Yes, I am aware that blackspot is  a disease. I was thinking of not using the picture because of that, but... upon further thought, and considering the previous post, I think it seems fitting.
  

*****


The white rose represents Unity,
Virtue, Honour and Reverence,
and is a symbol of Remembrance.

It is considered an expression of
spiritual Love and Respect.


*****

 
To honour the fallen since last time:

NZ (5)
UK (3)
U.S. (North Carolina (2), Massachusetts (2),
       Pennsylvania,   Oregon,  California (9),
       New York (3),  Virginia,   Michigan (3),
       Wyoming,  Idaho,  Georgia,  Texas (3), 
       Florida (2), Ohio

No comments: