Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, September 29, 2012

What's in your grocery cart?

 
Well... first off... I don't use a grocery cart... never have. I also don't use the basket that you can wheel around. I'd rather use the basket that you carry. So... what made me think of writing this? It popped into my head tonight after dinner when I was putting my groceries on the conveyer. I was thinking... boring... sort of healthy. The other thing is that I wanted to just write something, but there's nothing floating to the surface at all, and let's face it... my head sort of thraches (somewhere between throbbing and aching) ... I call it the "headsquish". Not really a headache per se... just feels as though the head is in a vise. Nothing big. So here I am writing about ... groceries.
 
What's in your grocery cart? Tonight? Not much...
 
2 litre carton of 1% Milk
 
1 loaf of Alpine Grain bread (made in the in-store bakery)
 
1 large container of fresh Spinach
 
1 box of Quaker Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal
 
1 box of 10 Extra Buttery Orville Redenbacher Popcorn
 
1 box of Chocolate Cheerios (with REAL cocoa... really!)
 
1 jar of Miracle Whip
 
 
Things I was thinking about getting but didn't:
 
Pork and Beans
Red Kidney Beans
Canned Tuna
Cheddar Cheese slices
Caffeine-free, Sugar-free Diet Coke
 

Things I want but rarely buy anymore:
 
Ice Cream
Ground Beef
Steak
Frozen Fishsticks
Frozen Pizza
Swanson's Turkey TV Dinner
Pepper or Hungarian or any hot Salami
Jalapeno Havarti Cheese
French Bread
 
 
Things I think about but never buy:
 
Bacon
Chicken Breasts
Flowers
 

I miss making things like my Three or Four-cheese Spinach Artichoke Dip. The two-layer Chocolate Cake with chocolate frosting. Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti. Not that I made them very often, but... sigh.
 

No comments: