Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It's been a while...

... since I've watched a movie that I hadn't seen before. It has also been a while, if ever, since I've watched a movie that made  me jerk back and say "gah" out loud. The thing is... when you see the body go down and laying there and when the main character turns back and the body is no longer there... you KNOW that that the body has reanimated and will jump out at you. I knew that... I was expecting it, but it still startled me enough to jump and vocalize my surprise. I never do that. Never.
 
I had read the book... I enjoyed the book immensely. I suppose because of this, I wasn't expecting much from the movie. The aspects of the book that I found interesting weren't the parts that were at the forefront in the movie, so perhaps that is why I found the movie so entertaining.

***

I had written that and saved it, planning on writing my usual type of non-review review, but... upon reading it over, I think I'll just leave it as is.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter... you'll either hate it or love it.

No comments: