Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, January 26, 2014

Me reflecting...


Interesting...

Today's Google Doodle is to celebrate the 200th birthday of a French architect. I know next to nothing about architecture except for a few basic styles and that I have an appreciation for great structures and various stylings, even when I was younger. Apparently this gentleman worked on the restoration of a rather famous cathedral in Paris, one that I visited in my youth. It is interesting to note that the image used on the Wikipedia page (to which the Google Doodle links) may feature the same gargoyle that caught my attention (and countless other visitors I am sure) during that trip.

It seems like a lifetime ago being a teenager in France with a borrowed manual SLR camera, coming back with eight rolls of film. As I have said before, I remember very little from back then, but when I look at pictures, some memories do come back.
 

No comments: