Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, January 23, 2014

There seems to be a common theme...


I haven't been to the theatre in quite some time to watch a movie. I would have liked to have seen this on the big screen, but I'll have to settle for DVD. I did watch a few new(er) movies around Christmas, one, a not as funny as I thought it would be buddy/cop movie, and the other two being sequels, perhaps not quite as good as the originals, but could still hold their own. This one may end up growing on me more, and likewise the other, not as cutesy as the original, but definitely more action-packed.
 
Every once in a while I still go and check out upcoming movies, and a few have caught my eye  in the past couple months.

This one looks almost too good, which is usually a warning sign that it might fall short, however, I have a feeling that I will greatly enjoy it regardless.


 
 


This kind of reminds me of a blending of elements and looks from Van Helsing, Underworld and Constantine (I saw it only once, but I recall some of it)... It looks good despite this. I remember the first time I saw Aaron Eckhart... as a biker dude/love interest in Erin Brockovich, and he has come a long way since then. He almost looks too good and not beefy enough to play this role.

And then, there is this... which looks like it will be ridiculously cheesy fun.
 

No comments: