Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, February 1, 2014

Gravity

I had seen video of this amazing leap last year, and today saw this new footage.  
(YouTube Views when I saw it: 442,470)

For a while now, something had been irking me about something somewhat pertinent to this, the subject of which is touched upon here. A movie was released last year and was apparently a huge financial and critical success. It starred two extremely popular actors whose salaries must be astronomical (no pun intended). A cursory search indicates that the movie's budget was approximately one hundred million dollars ... Let me say that again... $100,000,000... What do I find irksome about that? Oh... I don't know... but... maybe... could you imagine if that sum was invested in NASA or some other independent agency?

Interesting to note that when I decided to write this, and went to get the NASA link just now, unbeknownst to me, today, January 31, 2014 was a Day of Remembrance, to honour "members of the NASA family who lost their lives while furthering the cause of exploration and discovery".

No comments: