Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, August 17, 2014

Nanu Nanu


It has been 33 days since my last blogpost. Greetings and goodbyes seem to be the order of life...
 
Back in April I got to meet my new nephew for the first time. That was a treat... a joy really.
 
A few months ago, Dad lost his younger brother, then shortly after that, his older brother who was a whopping 90 years old, then his girl friend, who had just turned 90 in April, followed by one of the long tine neighbour fellows. Within the past three weeks, the dads of two of my brother's old school buddies passed away. One of these friends passed away 4 years ago at the age of 44. I feel detached. I feel sad. It is not a sadness for personal loss, but perhaps simply for life itself.



And now for a laugh...



I know I will die wishing that I had done more with the life I was given.

No comments: