Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I may have been mistaken...


 
27 years ago I heard a song for the first time, and in that very moment I thought to myself "this is it", the be all and end all of songs. There would never be another song quite like this. There may have been others that have hit me in a similar fashion since then, but with my dwindling memory, that is the one which remains most embedded. The past decade in the music industry has not yielded a great deal to draw me in, as there didn't seem to be much character in the offering. Then this song, in all its bare simplicity came along to prove me wrong.

So as I yet struggle to find meaning, to find purpose, to find a place where I do not feel the life being sucked right out of me, I suppose this song's evocative nature came to my attention in a timely manner. And on that note, if you have taken the time to read this far, take a stroll through the blog as it lays dying. Say something. Where you are from or something.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My own blog has faded away too. Not because of lacking of caring, but i think I am at a different place in my life now. I still blog in my head, but rarely do the thoughts last long enough for finger to make it to keyboard at the end of the day. It is what it is, I suppose.

Spockgirl said...

Hey B... I hope "different" means "good"... As for me, I'm pretty much in the same place in my life, but for whatever reason, I seem to occupy a different space in my head, which has contributed to blog fail. Yes, c'est la vie.