Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, September 5, 2014

Losing...


Made to feel small by someone else's words at work this morning. Feeling terribly small now. Trying to find meaning in life by playing Tetris and speeding up the blocks. Losing.

*****
 
Mom would have been 79 years old today. She's been gone almost 14 years now. I am not one to ponder what her advice or thoughts would be on matters, but today it crossed my mind. I wonder what she would have to say about all this.

*****

Tetris is my metaphor for life. The blocks continue to fall, but leaving too many empty spaces. Now they are speeding up, falling at a faster rate, leaving even more empty and I'm running out of time to make something fit so I can keep going before the game ends.


No comments: