Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, September 7, 2015

Hopefully things hold up...


Further to the last batch of movies I watched, I have been awaiting the chance to see a few new ones that came out this year, a sequel, a prequel and a remix. I have a feeling that my tv, a state of the art 20 inch Sony Wega I've had for probably about 16 years, might be nearing its demise and may not be around much longer. It has had a good life, moving with me to my new home 13 years ago, and outliving two VCRs and coming close to two home theatre systems. My current DVD player, about 8 years old now, can still play CDs, but now struggles, and more often than not, fails to read DVDs, even following a cleaning. I have, as of late, been watching old VHS tapes (Nothing to Lose, IQ, While You Were Sleeping, You've Got Mail, Fools Rush In, Sleepless in Seattle, Rush Hour, Three to Tango, Joe vs the Volcano), to tide me over, and the latest DVD, the aforementioned remix, I had to play on my laptop instead of the tv. The only thing is that you just don't get the same effect from laptop speakers, especially for a movie of that high octane level. I was just thinking though, that I've had my laptop since Christmas of 2009, so it is getting up there too. All I can do is cross my fingers and hope that things hold up. Ain't that the truth.

No comments: