Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The artistry of spilled milk...


I had poured the milk and was putting it back in the fridge when it started to slip. I saw it fall from my hands and head towards the floor in slow motion. I could see a small puddle form just as I swooped down to grab the carton, only to realize that “You’re not supposed to bend down like that after heart surgery stupid.” Miraculously, the carton was still pretty much closed. I noticed afterwards that more milk had been spilled than had been previously noted, as I saw it in three other spots, as well as on the grate at the bottom of the fridge. I had quickly thrown down pieces of paper towel on it and in the nooks and crannies, until I could get back to it for proper cleaning. Needless to say, I waited until almost the end of the day to complete that task, which for whatever reason seemed to be much more arduous than it was.

No comments: